Associates/ FMSJ: Learn More
Franciscan Missionaries of St. Joseph Associates
- Associates of the Franciscan Missionaries of St. Joseph (FMSJ) respond in the spirit of Alice Ingham and St. Francis of Assisi to a vocation that is distinct but runs parallel to that of the Sisters.
- Associates may be married or single, women or men, Ordained or lay.
- They may be Christians of any Denomination. It is strongly recommended that a person be an Associate of only 1 religious organisation at a time.
- FMSJ Associates commit themselves to
- A life of prayer that is consistent with their life’s circumstances and delineated in their own “Personal Way of Life.”
- Praying the Associates’ Prayer daily as well as praying for FMSJ vocations and for the FMSJ Sisters and their ministries.
- Living the Gospel. This is done by meditating on the Scriptures as well as by doing service in the local community where possible.
- Actively participating in their Church community.
- Participating in the formation programmes, days of recollection, retreats and other Associate/FMSJ events as fully as possible.